Saturday, April 4, 2020

About Philippine Law Updates blog



Hello all.  I am Atty. Robert Divinagracia, the publisher of this blog.  I'm starting this blog primarily to cope up with the effects of the lockdown due to this COVID-19 pandemic.  One can only do so much while being confined to the four quarters of you home, now running at three weeks.  TV and movie reruns, reading old books, exercise, eating, these are the choices you have when cooped up.  Of course, this also family.  So I decided to while away my time by reading updates on jurisprudence.  After all, learning does not stop, and what better way to do it when you have all the time in the world.

This is a purely personal blog, and mostly will dwell on case digests, summary of decided cases, those which interest me, the real purpose being for me to be updated with the latest on decided cases.

By the way, I am the managing partner of a small office in Manila, one that has been in operation since 2010, along with my partner, Atty. Emmanuel Solis III.  Our office, Divinagracia, Solis and Associates Law Office, will be celebrating its 10th year of establishment come September, 2010.  We have five staff lawyers and several support staff, and handles civil, criminal, administrative and corporate cases and litigation. 

I'm  not exactly new to blogging.  Around 2014, I started a blog called The Lawyer's Post, but I stopped about three years ago. I maintained the website, and it has a credible following, but due to heavy work load, I have to stop it.  Since then, I have not dabbled in blogging, and I have forgotten the technical aspect of running and maintaining a website, so for now, I am returning to basics using the Blogger platform.  Please bear with me.

So that's all for now.  Later on, you might find my postings relate to specific topics only.  It's because I'm working on a project and those posts are preparation for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment